So the Raps faced a somewhat depleted Pistons team last night, and came up short. I was hoping for a another strong comeback, but alas it was not to be. Onto my observations:
Three things I liked:
1. Chris Bosh stepping up in the 2nd half: After not being able to buy a bucket in the 1st and 2nd quarters, Bosh went into the zone. He almost brought the Raps all the way back, but just didn't get enough help at the end.
2. Jose Calderon taking on a bigger scoring load: With 50 Cent guarding him last night, Jose showed Fidy, who was a real gangster by dropping 20 plus on him.
3. Andrea's continued solid play off the bench: Obviously it would be ridiculous for me to say that Andrea is the 6th man of the year, but he is certainly playing well. 5 of 6 from the field off the bench, plus he almost made the defensive play of the game when he stuffed Rip on his drive (unfortunately, Sheed was being lazy, and hanging out by the 3 pt line, and lucked out by picking up the loose ball and hitting the long 2).
Three things that made me shudder:
1. Will Solomon is a disaster: What can I say, this guy is a bum. When he was in the game, the Pistons went on big runs. When Jose needed a quick breather in the 4th after the Raps pulled within 2, Solomon promptly allowed the 50 Cent to drive the lane, and he stagnated the offense by not giving the ball to a RED HOT BOSH. Note to Solomon, you got cut BY THE VANCOUVER GRIZZLIES, AND GOT BANISHED TO EUROPE; IN THE 4TH QUARTER OF CLOSE GAMES, PASS THE BALL TO BOSH (idiot).
2. Sam Mitchell not chewing out Will Soloman's ass before he got in the game: See above. What the hell!!!! Be the coach for god sakes. I mean, if Will Solomon is gonna suck that bad, why not just like Roko play????????
3. JO's disappearing offense: The Raps desperately needed a 3rd option last night, and given the fact that JO was able to shake his man pretty consistently in the post, you have finish!!!!! I am chalking it up to rust right now, but I am CONCERNED if he doesn't start finishing better around the hoop.